Stop the corporate power grab
Our public services, environment and democracy are under threat from the biggest corporate power grab in a decade.
Behind closed doors, the EU is drawing up a dangerous new trade deal called the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). For the first time on a grand scale, corporations would be able to sue governments if they make public policy decisions which could harm their future profits. Regulation which currently protects people, public services and the environment could be removed.
Note that only EU citizens can currently sign this petition.
- Give new powers for corporations to sue governments;
- Lead to more privatisation of public services like the NHS and education;
- Weaken workers’ rights and put millions of jobs at risk;
- Reduce environmental protection and food safety regulation
- Be a new blueprint for future trade deals around the world
Together we can stop TTIP. With organisations from across Europe, we are collecting one million signatures to demonstrate the strength of our opposition to TTIP.
This petition is administered by Stop TTIP, a Berlin based coalition. By taking the action through this website, you are agreeing to be contacted by Global Justice Now and Stop TTIP unless you decide to opt out from hearing from either of us.